The American Chemistry Council (ACC) is working to extend the Responsible Care ethic and management practices throughout the entire chemical supply chain, through its Responsible Care Partnership Program.
The Responsible Care Partnership Program is open to companies that have direct and substantial involvement in the distribution, transportation, storage, use, treatment, disposal or sales and marketing of chemicals. Responsible Care Partners adhere to the same Responsible Care requirements as ACC members – their CEOs have made a commitment to uphold the following Responsible Care program elements:
- Endorsing the Responsible Care Guiding Principles;
- Measuring and publicly reporting performance on an annual basis;
- Implementing the Responsible Care Security Code within a firm time frame;
- Implementing the Responsible Care Management System® to achieve and verify results; and
- Obtaining independent certification that a management system is in place and functions according to professional specifications.
Partner companies are separated into different sectors based on their primary business operation. The companies that participate in the Responsible Care Partnership Program strive to continually improve environmental, health, safety and security performance for all of their operations and business activities involving products manufactured by ACC member companies.